THE STATS PEOPLE LTD is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is The Stats People Limited (company number 09828882) of Unit 3, 7 Bligh’s Walk, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 6QP in relation to all data (e.g. registration, billing and account information) other than data provided in a client survey. In the majority of cases the data controller for client surveys will be the client who has commissioned the survey, and who determines how survey questions and responses are to be used and disclosed to others. If we have consulted in constructing questions and the survey’s outputs we will be joint data controllers for that survey. We will only process such client survey data in accordance with our client’s instructions and permissions.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Responses to survey questions and form fields
- Date and time when you took the survey or submitted the form
- IP address
- Cookies like performance monitoring cookies
You may provide us with information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information that you provide when you register to use our website or subscribe to our services (including participating in a survey). Most Stats People surveys do not solicit Personal Data and, when they do, the information is always optional. All Stats People surveys are entirely voluntary.
What we do with the information we gather
Data we receive from our website and clients:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Use of client survey data – clients:
- We will use your survey data to hold, store and process it in accordance with our contract with you.
- We use survey data purely to provide survey services for you and will only use it for our own purposes if you have made your survey responses public, or you have given us your express consent or we are required to do so by law.
Use of client survey data – respondents:
- We do not disclose Survey Data which is personal data to our clients. Survey Data is anonymised and shared with our clients and other third parties in a generic form that does not identify you, unless you consent to being identified.
- We will not use your contact details to contact you for any purpose outside of operating the survey.
- We would only collect Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data) or information about criminal convictions and offences with your explicit consent, and only if it were relevant to a survey, as part of the Survey Data.
- The legal basis for processing your data is to allow The Stats People to deliver the service as agreed with our clients for legitimate market research purposes.
We may aggregate survey data from a number of surveys to produce overall statistics and analysis. Any such information will not be correlated with data about individuals and it will not be possible to identify any individual from the aggregated results.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All information that you provide to us is stored on UK secure servers. We follow generally accepted industry standard to protect the personal information and data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Online surveys: The Stats People use FocusVision to operate the survey questionnaire software and data collection process. The data from the survey will be held by FocusVision in a separate database and only The Stats People will receive the data collected by FocusVision from the survey.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to THE STATS PEOPLE LTD, Unit 3, 7 Bligh’s Walk, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 1DB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address or via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You also have the right to withdraw consent you gave for participation in one of our surveys at any time or have your data deleted from our databases.
Client data: We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to carry out services to you. If you no longer wish for us to provide you information on our services then please contact us at: email@example.com.
Survey data: We only retain data about you for the period necessary for us to gain useful insights from that data and fulfil the uses described in this privacy notice. Generally, we will not retain personal data about you for more than 6 months or anonymised survey data for 2 years, unless we have a legal reason requiring us to retain it for longer. Any anonymise personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) may be used for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Making a Complaint
If you not satisfied with any response you receive from us or have an issue with the way we handle your personal information, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner Office https://ico.org.uk.